Go to theworksheet.org to access the worksheet directly.
- Fill in the blanks. If you want to stop and resume later, click the “Save and continue later” button at the bottom of the page.
- When done, click the submit button. The system will display your draft on a single page and send you a copy by email.
- Read out your script and make a recording.
- Listen to the recording with the script in front of you. You will feel what sounds right and what still needs some tweaking.
- Make edits.
- Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 above until you’re happy with your script.
- If you do this exercise together with colleagues, do the following:
- Have a team meeting and share your different approaches, especially to articulating your mission without jargon, the urgency of your work, your secret sauce, and the story that illustrates it.
- Discuss and compare your different approaches. You might find yourself wanting to mix and match.
- Aim to draft a prototype stump speech that draws on the best ideas from the group.
- Share it organization-wide.